Monday, January 14, 2008

Gloss: Nigger

Recreating Knatz.com ... Gloss
Knatz.com / Teaching / Scholarship / Glossary /

"Nigger"

I use this offensive word freely throughout my expository writing, Knatz.com, for example, always meaning just one thing: and that thing is not racial. (See Race, IonaArc, 2009 December.) Common ideas of "race" are bullshit. I use it socially, economically, and politically. By it I mean the same thing Jean Paul Sartre meant when he said that "A Jew is anyone that anyone else calls a Jew." Hitler's goons didn't give theology tests; if they wanted to deny your humanity all they had to do was call you a Jew. Then they could arrest you, beat you, rob you, detain you, kill you.

Consider: name calling in general sets up the people or person named for dismissal, for denial, for mistreatment of a range of kinds. Humans are not nice, not fair, not honest, and far from any ideal of intelligence. Bear that in mind, no matter what.

Jew, nigger, gook ... The effective meaning is the same: social. Individuals use name magic in this way, so do groups. Jew, nigger, gook ... are contemporary secular manifestations of Witch, heretic ... free thinker ... or just plain thinker!

Don't forget that pk has long called himself "the voluntary nigger." Though when the fed arrested me, jailed me, censored my writing (after sitting benignly blind while I wasn't published in the first place, was illegally fired, my proposals stolen and perverted, shunned in general), they first called me names: accused me of extortion, convicted me of it! I expected them to accuse me of terrorism: an expected response because I was accusing the state of monopolizing terror!

No comments:

Post a Comment